[Qgis-developer] SEXTANTE - GRASS MASK

Pedro Venâncio pedrongvenancio at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 20 01:49:06 PDT 2012

Hi,

One thing that I still can not understand on Sextant is how to get the Sextant working with the definition of GRASS Region and MASK. GRASS has a structure very rigid and defined in this respect, and now in Sextante I can not find a way of, for example, transform a vector layer into a raster, using another raster acting as Region and MASK, limiting all the processing to the limits and resolution of this raster.

Right now I can not find a solution to achieve this. One way to accomplish this could be by selecting a raster as a reference, which serve as Region and MASK simultaneously, in order to limit all the operations to this area. This is because most of the times the area of interest has a format different from rectangular which is now possible to define by the coordinates of the extremes (BBOX).

Could this be a solution?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Pedro Venâncio