[Qgis-developer] Expression Builder Questions

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jul 24 00:21:46 PDT 2012

 Hi all - esp. Nathan ;-),

 I have a couple of questions regarding the expression builder:

 1. Would it be possible to add a $scale support which we could combine
 with CASE ? This would be quite powerful to add condiditional labeling
 depending on scale ranges.

 2. Is there a rounding function available other than toint() ? I
 envision something like PostgreSQL round function:
 http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/functions-math.html where
 one can specify the number of digits one wants to round to.

 3. Is there a string formatting function available that allows to
 format longer nunmbers for better readability? E.g. 1000000.00 would
 become 1'000'000.00

 Thanks if you have any idea/feedback on these three issues.

 Andreas

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A
 8624 Grüt (Gossau ZH)