[Qgis-developer] Expression Builder Questions

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 03:46:54 PDT 2012

Hey Andreas,

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:
> Hi all - esp. Nathan ;-),
>
> I have a couple of questions regarding the expression builder:
>
> 1. Would it be possible to add a $scale support which we could combine with
> CASE ? This would be quite powerful to add condiditional labeling depending
> on scale ranges.

Possible yes, however I would like to see proper rule based labelling,
like the rule based rendering, implemented instead as that would
achieve the same thing but with more power.

> 2. Is there a rounding function available other than toint() ? I envision
> something like PostgreSQL round function:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/functions-math.html where one
> can specify the number of digits one wants to round to.

Yeah this can be done.  I'll add it once I get some free time.

> 3. Is there a string formatting function available that allows to format
> longer nunmbers for better readability? E.g. 1000000.00 would become
> 1'000'000.00

Sure this is doable as well. I'll have a look into it.

Anyone else is free to have a go if they already know how, I'm pretty
busy at the moment so no ETA on the above functions.

Regards,
Nathan