[Qgis-developer] GUI roadmap for version 2.0

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Sat Jul 28 17:39:11 PDT 2012

Hi Giovanni,

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 8:10 AM, G. Allegri <giohappy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Larry.
> I will try to contribute as soon as I get some free time back after the next
> week deadlines!
> Do you suggest to use the wiky to share comments?

I made another wiki page for improvement ideas:

http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/GUI_improvement_ideas_for_version_20

I also took the liberty of adding Tim's suggestion of a QtDesigner
widget library with unit tests.

All three pages are linked on the main Developer wiki page. I'm
thinking anything from mailing list exchanges or irc chats that should
be jotted down somewhere should go on the ideas page, with more
specific stuff on the audit page, when/were applicable.

After more response from interested developers, I don't see why we
can't call ourselves a team and note it on a wiki page. Maybe a
minimum of first and last name and irc handle, so that any user
looking to contact us knows who might be able to help them.

Right now, devs who have offered help or advice are:

Tim Sutton
Nathan Woodrow
Giovanni Allegri
Werner Macho
Larry Shaffer

Anyone further who can aid with multi-platform testing would be a
bonus down the road.

Regards

Larry