[Qgis-developer] Cast your vote: Default icon theme for QGIS 2.0

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Sun Jul 29 09:41:41 PDT 2012

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 2:45 AM, Alexander Bruy
<alexander.bruy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2012/7/29 Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com>:
>> Probably there are more good reasons for and against. It seems clear
>> GIS theme is preferred theme for the future, why not make it the
>> *only* theme?
>
> I agree with this. BTW If we look at other software, we'll see that only few
> programs allows to change icons and often users even don't use this
> capability.

I ran into the same problem Radim did when I recently made icons for
the freeze/thaw label tool. I think the project should only support
one theme to solve that problem and for the reasons Tim mentioned.

I think having a complete set of functional graphic preferences (icon
size, font size, widget customization, etc.) to adjust to screen
size/resolution and one's eyesight is more important than supporting
user's ability to change graphic themes.

Larry