[Qgis-developer] Getting Sextante from GitHub core to work with QGIS 1.8.0

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 07:50:05 PDT 2012

You do not actually have to build SEXTANTE, just a couple of GUI files
(the about dialog and a resources file). I guess Alex can give you
better advise in this, since he introduced that changed. Until that, I
was doing the GUI files directly without using the pyQt tools (not the
optimal way, I guess...), so no build was needed, but now you need it
to get the .py files from the resource files.

You have to use pyrcc4 and pyuic4 to compile those files. I guess you
can do it manually if you do not want to build using CMake

Best

Victor