[Qgis-developer] building debian pckages runs "make Experimental"

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 11:04:26 PDT 2012

Hi Jurgen,

1)
thanks for the explanation. I think that default test should be "make
test", instead of "make Experimental" for the 2 issues I mentioned

- seems that package is built twice - can you confirm this?
- very lengthy if internet connection is flaky or gets lots during the build.

Is there a way to configure which test is run from the commandline, or
is that configurable only in the debian/rules file?

2)
I am also having another issue, it seems the "parallel=n" option for
DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS has no effect, but adding -j4 to dpkg-buildpackage
works as expected.

3)
Also, if I  re-run the build process with tests enabled, but keeping
build directory intact it doesn't do any tests... is this normal?
i.e. dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -b -nc

Do I have to rebuild everything (without -nc option) when I want the
tests to run ?

4)
An lastly, when building packages for oneiric I get an unmet
dependency for debhelper (>= 9), but it's not available for oneiric.

Am I missing a configuration option somewhere to get it to recognize
I'm using oneiric?
Solution is to add "-d" option but that's not very clean.

$ dch -l ~oneiric  --force-distribution --distribution oneiric "oneiric build"

$ DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS="nocheck" dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -b -nc
dpkg-buildpackage: export CFLAGS from dpkg-buildflags (origin: vendor): -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: export CPPFLAGS from dpkg-buildflags (origin: vendor):
dpkg-buildpackage: export CXXFLAGS from dpkg-buildflags (origin: vendor): -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: export FFLAGS from dpkg-buildflags (origin: vendor): -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: export LDFLAGS from dpkg-buildflags (origin:
vendor): -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions
dpkg-buildpackage: source package qgis
dpkg-buildpackage: source version 1.9.0~oneiric1
dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by Etienne Tourigny <tourigny at supernova>
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture amd64
 dpkg-source --before-build qgis-master
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: debhelper (>= 9)
dpkg-buildpackage: warning: Build dependencies/conflicts unsatisfied; aborting.
dpkg-buildpackage: warning: (Use -d flag to override.)

Regards,
Etienne