[Qgis-developer] building debian pckages runs "make Experimental"

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Sat Sep 8 07:34:51 PDT 2012

Hi Etienne,

On Fri, 07. Sep 2012 at 15:04:26 -0300, Etienne Tourigny wrote:
> 1) thanks for the explanation. I think that default test should be "make
>    test", instead of "make Experimental" for the 2 issues I mentioned
> - seems that package is built twice - can you confirm this?

No, the package files are only built once.

But debian/control is rebuilt on each build and that causes the build in front
of the tests to actually run the qgis make.  But on the second run everything
is already in place therfore nothing is actually compiled twice.

> - very lengthy if internet connection is flaky or gets lots during the build.

The idea is to get as many (uploaded) test results as we can.

> Is there a way to configure which test is run from the commandline, or is
> that configurable only in the debian/rules file?

You can specify add ctest(1) arguments in ARGS, ie.

ARGS="-R qgis_distanceareatest" dpkg-buildpackage...

an only that test is run.

> 2) I am also having another issue, it seems the "parallel=n" option for
> DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS has no effect, but adding -j4 to dpkg-buildpackage works as
> expected.

Implemented in e8a938a0 now.

> 3) Also, if I re-run the build process with tests enabled, but keeping build
>    directory intact it doesn't do any tests... is this normal?
>    i.e. dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -b -nc
>
> Do I have to rebuild everything (without -nc option) when I want the
> tests to run ?

Not sure.  A touch CMakeLists.txt probably helps.

> 4) An lastly, when building packages for oneiric I get an unmet dependency
> for debhelper (>= 9), but it's not available for oneiric.
>
> Am I missing a configuration option somewhere to get it to recognize
> I'm using oneiric?
> Solution is to add "-d" option but that's not very clean.
>
> $ dch -l ~oneiric  --force-distribution --distribution oneiric "oneiric build"

That's was the expected way.  But you can override DISTRIBUTION now directly.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
committ(ed|ing) to Quantum GIS                         IRC: jef on FreeNode

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden