[Qgis-developer] QGIS globe and mapserver export plugin

Pirmin Kalberer pi_ml at sourcepole.com
Tue Apr 2 01:22:16 PDT 2013

Hi Giovanni,

Am Sonntag, 31. März 2013, 16.20:23 schrieb Giovanni Manghi:
> Hi all,
> I was wondering what are the plans for the QGIS globe and the
> Mapserver export plugin.
>
> The Globe does not seems to work (yet):
>
> on Windows it give "bad allocation" and on linux it seg faults qgis
> easily when playing with configurations.

The Globe plugin is usable on Linux since a few months. I'm currently working
on a better look of the navigation controls (just a small fix, not a feature
;-).
Marco and me did a lot of investigations on the Windows side. Our conclusion
was, that a different compiler version must have been used for one of the
dependent OSGEO4W packages, probably GDAL (globe uses C++ API).

Pirmin

> The Mapserver export plugin does support just the old symbology, and
> as the old symbology will be removed then should make sense also
> remove the plugin (that anyway can be replaced by the "RT Mapserver
> exporter" one).
>
> Cheers
>
> -- Giovanni --
Pirmin Kalberer
Sourcepole  -  Linux & Open Source Solutions
http://www.sourcepole.com