[Qgis-developer] Sextante test drive

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 16:22:04 PDT 2013

>> Thank you so much for this. So, Victor, paths could be set up as defaults in all
>> major platforms then, right?
>>

> From what I could figure out, there is no need for a default for Linux since it inherits a shell environment and can execute commands without explicit paths (the $PATH is the default).

Yes, there is no need for it. That's why in Linux SEXTANTE assumes
SAGA is on the PATH and doesn't let you the folder yourself manually.

> I don't know the details of the Windows environment, but there is a default path for GRASS, but none for SAGA, OTB or TauDEM.  Though I don't understand the python searching logic for the GRASS default.

There is a default for GRASS because SAGA is bundled with QGIS. For
the other ones, they could be anywhere in the system. Now that they
are going to be installed along with QGIS by the OSGeo4W installer, I
will add default paths for them as well.

Cheers
Victor