[Qgis-developer] Renaming SEXTANTE

Filipe Dias filipesdias at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 12:00:25 PDT 2013

Hi,
Many people refer to "Vector" and "Raster" tools as Ftools and GDAL.
Sextante, in my opinion, is not different, so I dont see why we should
change anything. The Sextante menu is called "Analysis" which makes sense.
And Sextante toolbox seems to be a good name, as well as Sextante Modeler.

Additionally, Sextante is a recognizable name for gvsig and Arcgis users.
Considering that we can expect that a lot more users are going to start
using QGIS after 2.0 is released, it would make sense the keep the Sextante
naming

Best regards
F.