[Qgis-developer] Tutorial Atlas

Jakob Lanstorp jlanstorp at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 01:15:15 PDT 2013

You can only iterate over one layer in one composer, at one time, but you can
show all the layers you want in the resulting maps.

The layer that works as a iterator is define in the 'Coverage layer' in the
Atlas tab. The zoom level is either fixed to a predefined scale, or dynamic
set to the bound of each geometry of the Coverage layer, when the iterator
works through the records of the Coverage layer.

This feature is very powerful: Thanks goes to the sponsors and developers
for making this available :)

I am not quite sure what you mean by: "Actually, what I wish to do is to
capture the extent of my first shapefile layer, store it in the composer
layer and iterate the process over the other shapefile layers."

Regards
Jakob

-----
Jakob Lanstorp