[Qgis-developer] Context help - locale (Consider country?)

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon May 13 11:08:36 PDT 2013

Hi Matthias,

On Mon, 13. May 2013 at 17:14:31 +0200, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
> I see the following possibilities:
>  * keep the lang_COUNTRY suffix for these files and in case the specific
> country does not exist, just take a random file with the same lang (e.g.
> -de_CH will then use -de_AT because of the same -lang part and listed
> before -de_DE).
>  * always provide a fallback file (e.g. -de_CH would then search for
> -de_CH, and if not existent for -de which it will find, because the file
> -de_DE has been copied or symlinked there.)
>  * drop the COUNTRY suffix (only look for -de and if that does not exist
> take -en)

Another possibility:
Do something like I did with the grass modules, ie. generate cpp-code from
en-US version and let linguist pick those up.  And let the rest work as usual.

I've started to do that (ie. create a QHash for QgsExpression and something for
the context_helps).   I'll also replace the help viewer with something in gui
(we use webkit in qgis anyway).

That way we would also not have to worry that the context and function help
gets translated at all (AFAIK it's currently in the normal process) and also
see when something needs to be updated (that doesn't happen now either).

JÃrgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
committ(ed|ing) to Quantum GIS                         IRC: jef on FreeNode

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden