[Qgis-developer] QGIS 2.0 and GRASS integration on OSX and Windows

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Sep 23 13:55:51 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I know that this is probably a known-issue.

We downloaded and installed the latest QGIS and GDAL packages from
Kyngchaos. The package includes GRASS, but the processing integration
does not work. Is there something that needs to be configured in
addition to get it working?

I checked the /Applications/QGIS.app/Contents/MacOS folder and GRASS
seems to be present. Processing finds the GRASS modules - they are
listed in the toolbox. However, if we open a module, e.g. v.surf.rst we
 get the error message that GRASS is missing or not configured properly.
 See http://webgis.uster.ch/temp/grass_missing_dependency.png

In the configuration panel, the settings to the GRASS folder is correct
 and it exists, however there is no MSYS available in QGIS on OSX. See
http://webgis.uster.ch/temp/grass_processing_settings.png - so the given
path /Applications/QGIS.app/Contents/msys is in fact not existing.

Most of our Windows users seem to get a very similar behavior.

Juliana has a course on Thursday and we would appreciate it very much if
we could find a solution until then.

Thank you for your help to get this working.

Andreas and Juliana