[Qgis-developer] Plugins approval

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Wed Jan 8 12:09:57 PST 2014

Jonathan Moules wrote:

> If I'm understanding correctly, you're proposing that the explanations
> etc be hosted online? From what I've picked up reading the lists and
> elsewhere, QGIS is used in quite a few instances in locations where
> internet access is lacking or merely unreliable. I think any
> help/explanation should be integrated and distributed with the software.

Guys,

We were also discussing another tag: about. Its main purpose was just what
we're talking about: to guide the user how to use the plugin. It also allows
to lighten the "description" tag by leaving only a brief note on the plugin
purpose. Please see the example:
http://tmp.borysjurgiel.pl/description-about.png

Currently the plugin manager supports it for a test, but we didn't perform any
broader discussion in Brighton, so it's "unofficial" and not implemented in
the repository. We definitely have to discuss it here or in Vienna and either
proceed or drop it.

Regards,
Borys