[Qgis-developer] python function to upgrade qgs datasources?

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Tue Jul 1 07:01:01 PDT 2014

Hi All,
We are preparing a great postgres migration here, and to make it
transparent, we have given virtual aliases to our server.
User's QGS file refer today to hard coded IP or aliases (172.16.9.147 or
vslin147).

We have been migrating most qgs using bash script with grep and sed, but we
seem to touch the limits of such approaches (error handling, disconnected
disks.. editions pending ., some are zipped )

My question, do you think it is possible to have a python function (plugin
or user function), that will catch qgs before loading it, and that will
substitute the host with the new value, before qgis loads the datasource ?

Any idea?

Cheers

Régis