[Qgis-developer] Is the new release schedule a success?

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 06:48:04 PDT 2015

Hi Tom,

Many users reported me they are very happy with the new LTR systel. The
subject is not to be able to have a bug free 2.8.0 by delaying its release
for more months, but to have several bugfix release made for this LTR (via
backporting), even when another version (2.10 or 2.12) have been released.
This was not the case earlier ( "point release" were made only for current
version). This is for me and many users a real improvement : more
stability, and more time to get used to one release (and prepare/adapt
courses)

Regards
Michaël