[Qgis-developer] Drag n drop on OS X

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Mon Jun 8 20:07:46 PDT 2015

Hi,

This can be fixed for Qt 4.8.x, but requires direct access to the Cocoa API
when needed to introduce the non-Qt-source workarounds noted in the
QTBUG-40449 [0].

Btw, this is an example of my old PR [1] to introduce abstracted calls to
the OS (Mac for example, with Objective-C++) to handle changes in OS API
libraries and keep such workarounds in one place instead of peppered
throughout the source tree. Especially for those instances where Qt fails
us, but a direct call to the OS could be abstracted for a workaround where
needed.

Unfortunately, it is a significant change that needs really tested well,
and certainly not reasonable to introduce into 2.10 as a fix, as it is more
of a feature.

I never upgraded to 10.10 for several reasons, but am about to, or I would
have noticed this nasty bug sooner.

[0] https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-40449
[1] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/1084

Regards,