[Qgis-developer] Bug priority for release

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Jun 12 04:13:53 PDT 2015

Hi Paolo,

Half of the blocker tickets are in feedback state. Seems like some users
don't care so much as to response in a reasonable amount of time. Given
that our "dedicated" bug fixing period is rather short, it is crucial
that the users who reported a bug also respond quickly.

regarding

http://hub.qgis.org/issues/12926

Are you aware that there are two modes for loading DB tables? There is
the checkbox "Select at ID". If you uncheck this for large tables it
means that the initial loading is faster, but once you loaded all
features they are cached clientside and should allow for fast scrolling.
Of course this also means more local memory usage.

Note that for slower db-views or slow network connections it is also
recommended to uncheck the "Select at ID" checkbox, so that the table
will be cached locally.

Also: Matthias Kuhn is working on the SQL expression compiler that will
allow serverside filtering. But it won't make it to 2.10. You'd have to
wait for 2.12.

Regarding issue 12578: the new snapping mechanism was implemented by
Martin Dobias - so it would be best, if he could fix the issue.
Hopefully he can do that.

Andreas