[Qgis-developer] QGIS georeferencer / vector georeferencer

giulianc51 giulianc51 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 01:51:55 PST 2015

Il giorno Thu, 26 Nov 2015 08:41:21 +0100
Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> ha scritto:

> Hi,

Hi Andreas,

> I know that there is a Python plugin to do vector georeferencing -

Daniele, Luca, Giuseppe and I, we are the developers of the vectorgeoref
plugin (*);

> but I really think that both raster and vector georeferencing is an
> integral part of any GIS and .....
> ....... it is also rather suboptimal that the raster and vector
> georeferencers have two different interfaces ...

a) the interface of the raster version is more complete and allow
perfectly the user actions on the vector version also;

b) we have two solutions available for the math engine: an in-house
(raw & rough) solution and one that reuse the grass module v.rectify,
but I think that the raster version has a suitable engine, probably
more advanced than ours;

c) our plugin performs only linear transformation, should be improved
to align with the raster version, but we have reached the limits of our
mathematical background;

of course we are available for any necessary contribution (within the
limits of our capabilities :-)

> Thanks for your thoughts,

thank you for allowing us to make this small contribution to QGIS and,
I hope, continue to do so;

> Andreas

best regards, sfmbe(**),
giuliano

(*) probably Olivier D. has proposed something similar ?

(**) s(orry) f(or) m(y) b(ad) e(nglish) :-)