[Qgis-developer] New GRASS plugin: a test drive

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 05:44:46 PDT 2015

On Sat, Oct 3, 2015 at 8:02 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> some tests of the new plugin:
> * G6 vectors are shown with a red cross,

And the name is followed by "topology version 6", right?

> but there is no clear indication on how to migrate them to G7

What do you suggest? My idea was "Build topology" item in context
menu. But we are over feature freeze and if somebody has already G6
vectors, he should know that he must rebuild topology in G7. It is
described here:
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Convert_all_GRASS_6_vector_maps_to_GRASS_7

> * I got a crash twice by right clicking on the browser > New polygon
> layer; from the third time no crash, I'll try to replicate it.
> * I can reproduce a crash by:
> - right click on a G6 vector from the browser
> - choose New polygon layer
> - got a warning:
> Impossibile aprire il file della topologia per il vettoriale
> <riserva_2 at PERMANENT>
> - bang!
> src/providers/grass/qgsgrassprovider.cpp: 338: (~QgsGrassProvider) [0ms]
> entered
> src/providers/grass/qgsgrassvectormaplayer.cpp: 330: (close) [0ms] close
> Segfault
> If I do the same from a mapset name, no crash.

I fixed the crash and removed new layer menu items from the vector if
it is not valid.

> * I created a new polygon layer, but it is unclear to me how to add objects

Draw features? There should be usual Add Point, Add Line etc. tools in
Digitizing Toolbar.

> * if I remove a raster which is already loaded in the canvas, I get a
> warning (empty, grey dialog) and QGIS is stuck (I had to force close it)

Fixed, it was trying to show a warning from rendering non GUI thread.

> * loaded rasters display a legend, but not the labels.

Labels were never supported, you can fill feature request issue.

> Otherwise, great stuff!
> Should I open tickets for all this?

No, except for color labels. For now, if you find more issues, write
it here and I'll try to fix immediately.

> I'm available for further testing if useful.

Very welcome. There are still issues in editing, that is why I have
not announced yet the upgrade to be finished. The implementation of
editing became incredibly complex. Basic editing should mostly work
however.

Radim