[Qgis-developer] New GRASS plugin: a test drive

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Oct 5 05:58:20 PDT 2015

Il 05/10/2015 14:44, Radim Blazek ha scritto:
> On Sat, Oct 3, 2015 at 8:02 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:

>> * G6 vectors are shown with a red cross,
>
> And the name is followed by "topology version 6", right?

exactly

> What do you suggest? My idea was "Build topology" item in context
> menu. But we are over feature freeze and if somebody has already G6
> vectors, he should know that he must rebuild topology in G7. It is
> described here:
> https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Convert_all_GRASS_6_vector_maps_to_GRASS_7

I think the context menu is fine, and adding it should not be an issue
now (I could say not being able to readily use my data is a bug, and
your suggestion fixes it).

> I fixed the crash and removed new layer menu items from the vector if
> it is not valid.

great, thanks

>> * I created a new polygon layer, but it is unclear to me how to add objects
>
> Draw features? There should be usual Add Point, Add Line etc. tools in
> Digitizing Toolbar.

yes - I tried, but the newly added polygon etc is not displayed once
digitized. Oh, now I see: the custom grass symbology prevents me from
seeing it. Once moved to single symbol, it is displayed.

>> * if I remove a raster which is already loaded in the canvas, I get a
>> warning (empty, grey dialog) and QGIS is stuck (I had to force close it)
>
> Fixed, it was trying to show a warning from rendering non GUI thread.

thanks again

done: https://hub.qgis.org/issues/13518

>> Otherwise, great stuff!
>> Should I open tickets for all this?
>
> No, except for color labels. For now, if you find more issues, write
> it here and I'll try to fix immediately.

ok, thanks

> Very welcome. There are still issues in editing, that is why I have
> not announced yet the upgrade to be finished. The implementation of
> editing became incredibly complex. Basic editing should mostly work
> however.

I can imagine. Where do I find a guide on how to digitize? I tried
adding polygon, then centroid, but I only ended up with an invisible
geom. I'm certainly missing something here.

All the best, and thanks again.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu