[Qgis-developer] Good news from Qt - more modules available to opensource

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 13:54:17 PST 2016

Here's some good news coming from the Qt camp -
http://blog.qt.io/blog/2016/01/13/new-agreement-with-the-kde-free-qt-foundation/

What this means is that we'll now be able to take advantage of modules
which were previously only available to commercial Qt customers.

For me, having access to Qt Charts is a big one. We could finally have
a decent, good-looking, fully integrated charting library usable by
composer, etc.

See eg http://doc.qt.io/QtCharts/qtcharts-barchart-example.html,
http://doc.qt.io/QtCharts/qtcharts-areachart-example.html,
http://doc.qt.io/QtCharts/qtcharts-percentbarchart-example.html,
http://doc.qt.io/QtCharts/qtcharts-polarchart-example.html,
http://doc.qt.io/QtCharts/qtcharts-scatterchart-example.html and
http://doc.qt.io/QtCharts/qtcharts-temperaturerecords-example.html

Qt Data Visualisation also looks useful, eg
http://doc.qt.io/QtDataVisualization/qtdatavisualization-bars-example.html,
http://doc.qt.io/QtDataVisualization/qtdatavisualization-qmlsurface-example.html

Great stuff! (When we finally move to Qt5 only that is ;) )

Nyall