[Qgis-developer] QGIS for INSPIRE

Patrick Valsecchi patrick.valsecchi at camptocamp.com
Wed Jul 6 07:27:39 PDT 2016

Hi,

We (titellus and camptocamp) are going to start working on adding a few
functionalities needed for INSPIRE to QGIS core.  Before starting, we’d
like to tell the community what we plan to do (maybe, some are optional)
and give a chance to everybody to comment.

   -

   Advanced attribute types support
   -

      Add support for viewing/editing maps (key/value) and arrays
      -

         Usage of native type for postgis
         -

         Usage of string representation for sqlite (for example JSON)
         -

      Add a few expression functions for accessing those types:
      array_get(idx), array_length, array_join(separator) / dict_get(key), etc
      -

      Add a few function to search in those types: array_search(),
      dict_search()
      -

      Detect a date column and use the proper widget for editing those
      -

      Same for other types
      -

      Allow plugins to provide custom widgets for specific types
      automatically.
      -

   Fix bug where null dates are shown as the current time instead of null
   in forms and saved like that, even for features that are not modified
   -

   Custom types widgets, per type
   -

   Auto discover database joins:
   -

      Add FK (Foreign Key) discovery to the postgis and spatialite specific
      code.
      -

      Improve QGIS when creating relations according to the FK in the DB:
      view existing relations in the DB and select those to add
automatically to
      the project.
      -

      Improve QGIS when creating joins in layers according to the FK in the
      DB: view existing relations with the current layer and select
those to add
      automatically.

If somebody is already working on one of those features or is having
recommendations/comments/questions, please tell us.

Is there any point that would require a QEP?

Thanks