[Qgis-developer] C++11 in master?

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Thu Jul 14 22:50:32 PDT 2016

Hi

Did you look at the latest coverage reports :) ?

I don't think we require Qt 5.7, so from this side we still have a grace
period.
But at the same time I wouldn't mind, c++11 should be fairly common
these days.
GCC starting from 4.8 should have it which is shipped by default on
trusty and even 4.6 (precise) had a lot of support already.

We could also ask for specific features instead of full support which
might even give us more possibilities for early adoption of new compiler
features. [2]

Matthias

[1] http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/compiler_support
[2] https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.1/prop_gbl/CMAKE_CXX_KNOWN_FEATURES.html