[Qgis-developer] Google Summer of Code liaison officer

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 00:44:12 PDT 2017

Thanks for bringing this up Barry!
It really seems that QGIS has got enough proposals to work on, but we
are in heavy need of mentors.

It might be the students "fault" to just expect that "somebody" will
take mentorship anyway while in reality they should actively _search
and ask_ for mentors.

I still hope QGIS will make it and can only say I hope that there will
be some developers willing to take mentorship.

There is still a week left to take brief look at the proposals.

We could do something like an internal ranking and survey about the
proposals but still - we have to few mentors.

So please any developers willing step up and give new developers a
chance to get deeper into QGIS.

As a member of the QGIS community and currently helping osgeo-gsoc
admin team I would really like to see QGIS in the GsoC projects.

regards
Werner