[Qgis-developer] PostGIS Rasters

Jorge Gustavo Rocha jgr at di.uminho.pt
Tue Apr 11 02:23:38 PDT 2017

Hi Andreas,

The QGIS performance reading rasters from Postgis is not so bad, if
pyramids are available on the database. QGIS takes advantage of the
pyramids, if they exist. Check [1].

Regards,

Jorge

[1]
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/151632/poor-performance-with-storing-large-rasters-in-postgis-and-visualising-in-qgis/227324#227324

Às 06:56 de 11-04-2017, Neumann, Andreas escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> If there will be a new Postgis raster provider for QGIS, it should also
> support the pyramid tables (separate tables) - which as far as I know -
> is not yet supported. If you add a layer from DB-manager you load a
> fixed resolution and the other pyramid tables won't be used. Thats one
> of the reasons, rasters in Postgis display quite slow in QGIS.
>
> Andreas
>
> On 2017-04-11 04:16, Robert Hewlett wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Are there plans to build a plugin for PostGIS rasters similar to the
>> vector plugin. I know how to add the rasters from the DB manager but
>> the experience/workflow is much different and the connections go 'stale'.
>>
>> I am willing to help code it.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Rob

J. Gustavo