[QGIS-Developer] Backporting crash handler into 2.18

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 16:01:12 PST 2017

Hey all,

Just wanted to see how everyone would feel if I was thinking about
backporting the crash handler we have in QGIS 3 back into 2.18.

Given a lot of people will be running 2.18 for a long time and we want to
continue to make it a stable release I thought this might help to aid in
that.  So far the crash handler in 3 has helped quite a lot already from
what I have seen to track down crashes so I think having it in 2.18 would
be a big benefit.

I'm ok if people are a -1 on this but keen to get thoughts and if it's
generally something people are happy to have done I will get it sorted.

I will also open a QEP on it so there are notes on implementation in both
versions (although the code should be the same really)

Regards,
Nathan