[QGIS-Developer] PostGIS 3D cube lacks vertical faces

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 02:38:07 PST 2017

Hi Giovanni!

On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 11:06 AM, G. Allegri <giohappy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've just updated to the latest nightly build from osgeo4w on my Dell XPS13
> with Windows 10 Home Edition.
> The result is:
>
>  - flat geometry inside 3d view
>  - cannot zoom more then what can be seen in the following image
>
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/NjiE12dN7ajY4ASr1

There is an intentional zoom limit to protect users from zooming in
too much and getting strange rendering results. We could probably
extend it a bit more if needed.

For the flat geometry, have you enabled 3D renderer for the layer? (in
vector layer properties or in layer styling panel) If not, the layer
will be only rendered as a texture (together with other layers) on the
terrain.

Cheers
Martin