[Qgis-developer] Processing algs & plugins... should we actively pull into master?

Alex M tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Feb 8 08:49:03 PST 2017

On 02/06/2017 01:24 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 06/02/2017 10:21, Victor Olaya ha scritto:
>
>> Just let make sure that we have some clear acceptance criteria (algs
>> with tests, trying to follow some "best practices" and using
>> Processing methods when possible, etc).
>
> right, what could be the procedure then? whan I see a submitted pluygin
> that qualifies for this should I warn you (and Nyall) for analysis
> before suggesting it to the dev?
> All the best.

I thought that https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Processing was intended for
these kinds of algorithms. It's centralized, but not core, intended for
pure methods instead of plugins.

Perhaps the confusion is that the Plugins and the Processing add-ons
have 2 different installers, and it's not obvious that both exist?

This seems like the start down the path, where after addition of tests
and code review it might then go to core.

Thanks,
Alex