[Qgis-developer] Plans for next QGIS releases

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Feb 20 02:17:18 PST 2017

Hi all,
during a fast and productive IRC meeting today we have come out with a
proposal for the management of current and future versions of QGIS:

* retire 2.14 in June 2017
* 2.18 becomes LTR from June 2017 to 2018
* 3.0 feature freeze in July 2017
* release 3.0 in Sept 2017
* release 3.2 as next LTR in release 3.0 + 4 Months (eta June 2018).

Of course we know that some of you will have different preferences and
constraints, but we believe this is the best compromise we can reach
now. Please let us know if you have strong opposition to this, or good
argument to change. Nothing is carved in stone, but it will be good to
give our users and devs a perspective on what they can expect.

All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu