[Qgis-developer] Resize QGIS line or polygon about its centroid

C Hamilton adenaculture at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 12:14:40 PST 2017

I have an project where I want a feature to be larger than life just so
that it shows up on the map. Ideally I would like is to be able to select
one of more features and with the mouse have it interactively resize them,
but keeping them centered about their centroids. Once I am satisfied with
their size I would either click a button to fix them or hit the Enter key.

I saw the Affine transformations plugin, but that takes too much thought.
Is this capability already there and am just not finding it or has it
simply not been done? If the latter is the case I may consider writing the
plugin to do it although I think it would be nice for it to be a part of
the standard QGIS editing functions.

Thanks,

Calvin