[Qgis-developer] Plans for next QGIS releases

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Wed Feb 22 07:31:39 PST 2017

Personally I would like to see a 3.x release become LTR as soon as
possible. 3.0 should be skipped because despite it's incredibly high
stability there could potentially still be problems. So the next in line
is 3.2.

I think having 2.18.x and 3.2.x available in parallel for an extended
period is a good thing. The 3.x transition will take some time. So let's
give a nice and long enough grace period to end users and orgs but with
a clear deadline for 2.18 so we are not stuck in the 2 release series
forever.

Matthias