[Qgis-developer] Missing the support for scale parameter in WMS Legend

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 23:06:22 PST 2017

Hi,
we at Tuscany Region in 2013 fundedthe adding of the support of scale
legend in the wms provider.
That (if I remenber was added to the 2.2 or 2.4 version of qgis).

These are the commit for that adding:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/8fb20f038d9d6c67bafc932ccea1d688ef2d5363

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/f6a6a0c017db6306691dca9c9008ef0100574d98

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/32da13b20c6a408a975d0e93415a73d20a3c4b59

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/48002dbf18392c1d227983b97e8dc65d7eb1f6b6

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/d7708437632972b293fe7a511008a910e61c001d

>From the 2.6 version as I remenber it was removed

I never understand why this feature was removed, but now the question
is re-issue in a discussion in an our internal working team , about
the usage of QGIS and so I need to confirm the removing and report the
explanation of why to my superiors.

Effectivelly my tests on the qgis 2.18 on an our wms ehre the legend
is sensible to the scale confirm that it is not working, but I still
don't know why it was removed.

Someone can confirm me and give us some explanation of why this
feature was removed ?

Many Thx,

Andrea Peri

Tuscany Region