[Qgis-developer] When to start converting our plugins?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Jan 6 02:18:57 PST 2017

On 06-01-17 11:05, Tom Chadwin wrote:
> Richard Duivenvoorde wrote
>> Should we do a wiki page on github?
>>
>> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/wiki
>
> By all means. All I would say is that anything I might write would be more
> conversational and less formal, not least because I would intend to mention
> things which real developers would take for granted and already know. For
> example, I don't really know Linux, but I am doing this work on Ubuntu so I
> can use a nightly. I therefore stumbled over some very basic things (thanks
> again, Matthias). Whether documenting that is appropriate on an "official"
> QGIS doc is debatable.

Hi Tom,

don't worry, the average 'plugin'-developer are not hardcore dev's
either and for sure not on all OS's. So I think everything that can be
of help for ANYBODY doing some lines of code is usefull in this wikipage.

As an example, I think I would copy this email:
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2016-November/045641.html
in it for a start :-)

And doing it in a wiki, you can make it as conversational as you want
:-) There is nothing 'official' to a wiki page ;-)

Regards,

Richard