[Qgis-developer] Python bindings for "QgsMapToolCapture"

Bo Victor Thomsen bo.victor.thomsen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 06:33:46 PST 2017

To the QGIS developers (and not a newbie QGIS plugin developer like me) -

Is there a QGIS python binding for class "QgsMapToolCapture". Or do I
have to recreate the various point, line and polygon capture tools ?

My goal is to have 3 tools (point, line and polygon capture) available
though a QGIS plugin and show the capture -  result in the canvas using
QgsRubberBand. I can't find any documentations for the python bindings
for QgsMapToolCapture and I guess that they doesn't exist.

I refuse to believe I'm the only one having this problem - So:

  * Does the python bindings exist or not ?
  * If the first answer are "not": Is there some QGIS / qt / python
    based replacement for "QgsMapToolCapture" ??

Regards

Bo Victor Thomsen