[Qgis-developer] Building a pdf version of QGIS documentation

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 08:17:37 PST 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to build a pdf version of QGIS Testing doc, following the readme
at https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation. I'm on Ubuntu Xenial.

The "make LANG=en pdf" command ends with :

build succeeded, 3 warnings.
# Compile the pdf docs for that locale
# we use texi2pdf since latexpdf target is not available via
# sphinx-build which we need to use since we need to pass language flag
mkdir -p output/pdf/en
# need to build 3x to have proper toc and index
# currently texi2pdf has bad exit status. Please ignore errors!!
# prepending the texi2pdf command with - keeps make going instead of
quitting
# japanese pdf has problems, when build with texi2pdf
# as alternative we can use platex
# for russian pdf you need package 'texlive-lang-cyrillic' installed
# for japanese pdf you need: 'cmap-adobe-japan1 cmap-adobe-japan2
latex-cjk-all nkf okumura-clsfiles ptex-base ptex-bin texlive-fonts-extra'
/usr/bin/texi2dvi: pdflatex exited with bad status, quitting.
/usr/bin/texi2dvi: pdflatex exited with bad status, quitting.
/usr/bin/texi2dvi: pdflatex exited with bad status, quitting.
Makefile:97 : la recette pour la cible « pdf » a échouée
make: [pdf] Erreur 1 (ignorée)
mv output/latex/en/QGISUserGuide.pdf output/pdf/en/QGIS-testing-
UserGuide.pdf
mv: cannot stat 'output/latex/en/QGISUserGuide.pdf': No such file or
directory
Makefile:97 : la recette pour la cible « pdf » a échoué
make: *** [pdf] Erreur 1

I manually added a fake QGISUserGuide.pdf file in output/latex/en/ but it
still failed with the same message.
What am I missing? Any help will be welcome.

Thanks,
Harrissou