[QGIS-Developer] Processing tests.. continuing...

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 00:06:46 PDT 2017

On 6 July 2017 at 23:03, matteo <matteo.ghetta at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm continuing testing.. The buffer algorithm seems not working properly:
>

> the distance filled in the box is definitely not taken into account. I'm
> sure I've used only projected data (no geographic CRS) and with
> different datasets, even with different distances added the final buffer
> looks always really small with a buffer of 10 meters (values added have
> been really different)

I can't reproduce. Can you set the processing setting to keep the
algorithm dialog open after execution, and copy and paste the log
contents here?

(we really should make the processing history panel show this log too!)

> moreover, I think that the current "buffer" algorithm should melt the
> old "fixed" and "variable" buffer ones. But when a layer is selected in
> the combobox and instead of adding a number for the buffer, one wants to
> select a field, by opening the Expression Widget, no fields appear in
> the menu "Fields and Values".

Ideally yes. It supports both use cases, but they aren't exposed in
the GUI (and I don't have plans to implement this UI for 3.0). It's
one of the (many) new features in processing which are currently API
only.

So for now this is just a demo algorithm, which will probably be
hidden when the fixed distance/variable distance buffer algs are
ported across.

Nyall