[QGIS-Developer] [UI] Close the Data Source Manager after loading a layer or not?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat Jul 8 03:33:45 PDT 2017

Hi,

During some testing of current master/2.99 I use the Data Source Manager
dialog (one button to load them all) often to load just one layer or
service.

For this use-case (which is: the user just opens one layer and wants to
do something with it) it would be best when the dialog just closes itself.

Off course if you are creating a big project with a lot of layers, you
want the dialog to stay open until you are ready...

I was thinking: is it an idea to give the dialog a checkbox 'Close
Dialog after opening datasource'? So a user (like me) will have it
always close immediately and when you are recreating a bigger project it
can stay open?

Thoughts?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

PS I think there is another option somewhere to which has "Keep dialog
open after....", but I could not find it easily where I saw that.