[QGIS-Developer] qgis master freeze with transaction groups activated

Germán Carrillo carrillo.german at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 09:45:16 PDT 2017

Hi Régis,

I've experienced such behavior in master as well.

In my case, using the Project Generator plugin [1] (which configures a QGIS
project from Interlis models or PostgreSQL/PostGIS schemas and by default
activates transaction groups), as soon as I finish digitizing a geometry
and the attribute form is opening, QGIS freezes entirely and sometimes even
crashes.

See here [2] a backtrace of a QGIS crash.

Regards,

Germán
--------------
[1] http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/projectgenerator/
[2] https://gist.github.com/gacarrillor/6cfa023b447b7e161df4c70363357b2a

> Hi all,
> I'm facing QGIS freezes when using project with postgres transaction
> groups activated.
>
> I just open the project, switch layers to edition mode, and pan >> freeze.
>
> I can reproduce that on two different massive projects, (one is QGEP) but
> not on another one (QWAT).
>
> Has anyone seen that too? My goal is to reduce that to something
> reproducible and light, but it's a moving target right now.
>
> Cheers
> Régis

   |\__
(:>__)(