[QGIS-Developer] Use of QtWebKit in plugin

Niels Kjøller Hansen niels.k.h at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 05:29:52 PDT 2017

Hi Jürgen

> Hi Niels,
>
> On Mon, 19. Jun 2017 at 04:48:07 -0700, kjoller wrote:
> > I have been trying to fix a bug in the "Kortforsyningen" plugin for QGIS,
> > which exists in Ubuntu 17.04 and Debian stretch (and probably other newer
> > debian based systems), due to QtWebKit not being included in PyQt4
>
> It should be included as internal bindings in python-qgis for unstable,
> stretch, yakkety and zesty.
>
> /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyQt4/QtWebKit.(i386|x86_64)-linux-gnu.so

You are correct that the QtWebkit itself is included, but as far as I can
se, the "definition"-file for pyuic4 is not, as far as I can tell.

/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyQt4/uic/widget-plugins/qtwebkit.py

It is a simple file, and stripped for comments it looks like this:

pluginType = MODULE
def moduleInformation():
    return "PyQt4.QtWebKit", ("QWebView", )