[QGIS-Developer] Processing 3.0: Possible change to the Convex Hull algorithm

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 23:33:24 PDT 2017

On 28 June 2017 at 18:23, G. Allegri <giohappy at gmail.com> wrote:
> The best of two (but there would be a bit of overhead for the algorithm):
> set them to null as soon as two different values are found, keep the first
> encountered value otherwise (all the features with same value).

Ok - I've actually had a bit of a change of mind here, and am backing
down from my "single function modular algorithm" stance.

I'll keep the grouping option but will refine it's behavior. I propose:

1. Allowing multiple field selection for grouping
2. Keeping attributes of first feature when grouping
3. Dropping the "mode" selection combo - if fields are selected, the
grouping occurs. If not, no grouping - per feature hull is made.

I'll leave the possible inclusion of a "whole layer" hull as a
separate future enhancement.

Nyall