[Qgis-developer] Dropping the "render" checkbox

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Mar 1 23:45:58 PST 2017

Hi,

Sorry for joining the discussion late - was on holidays until yesterday
evening.

I am a +1 for removing the "render" checkbox - but first fix the case
Denis has with labeling. If there are other issues besides that, I would
also consider them a bug. Imagine if you had to freeze/unfreeze display
in MS Office, Inkscape or Adobe Software - users would ask the devs to
fix the rendering behaviour ...

We have the second round of QGIS grants proposals. Would be a good
project to submit to fix this issue. See
http://blog.qgis.org/2017/02/19/qgis-grants-2-call-for-grant-proposals-2017/
- proposals should be submitted until March 19.

I would assume that mapCanvas().setRenderFlag( False ) would still be
possible for Python plugins to use, if the render checkbox would be
removed.

Andreas