[Qgis-developer] GSoC2017:About the projcect "improve vector geoprocessing algorithms"

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 13:54:51 PST 2017

On 28 February 2017 at 21:38, Ruoyun Jing <jingry0321 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone:
>
> My name is Ruoyun Jing, I am an undergraduate student in Northwest University(China) of Software Engineering.Although i am a girl,i really love coding !!! I've coded many alogorithm problems with C++and Python, GSoC is really a precious chance for me to get in touch with open source software.
>
> After reading all the organizations and their projects, I'm pretty interested in improving vector geoprocessing algorithms,And During last week, I got many help from Alexander Bruy:), I have configured development environment on Linux, And get familiar with GIS and geoprogressing algorithms. Despite my lack of project experience,i will try my best to learn ,code and communicate with mentor!!!
>
> Looking forward from you.:)

Hi Ruoyun!

Sounds like a great project. Getting stuck into geo algorithms is a
fantastic way to push both your coding & geoprocessing skills.

Just a quick heads up that I'll be doing some major work on processing
and algorithms shortly (porting parts of this code to c++). I expect
this to start landing over the next couple of weeks, but in the
meantime I'd caution against writing large amounts of code against the
current API.

Cheers,
Nyall