[Qgis-developer] Extra 2.14 LTR lifespan by two months?

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Sat Mar 11 04:08:44 PST 2017

Hi Larry,

On Fri, 10. Mar 2017 at 17:55:45 -0700, Larry Shaffer wrote:
> After reviewing the release schedule recently put forward [0], I notice a
> discrepancy between what the project has advertised (1 year LTRs for 2.x)
> and when the upcoming LTRs are to released/packaged.

LTR 2.14.0 26.02.2016
LTR 2.18.0 19.05.2016

More than a year.

LTR 2.18.0 19.05.2016
LTR 3.2.0  29.06.2018

Also more than a year.  So I seem to miss your point.  And there is the extra
overlap while the new LTR is already available as LR, while the old LTR is
still available.

We also didn't advertise that there was going to be another 2.x LTR.  I think
we left open everything after the release of 2.18 - except that we maintain the
old branches until there are replacements.

At any given point we maintain only two release branches and master.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode