[Qgis-developer] Future of spatialite provider?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 18:28:45 PDT 2017

Hi all,

Time for another "can we gut this from the codebase" thread....

I'm wondering what the future of the spatialite provider should be. I
find it odd that spatialite layers utilise the dedicated spatialite
provider, but geopackage layers use the OGR provider.

I think there's potential value in removing the spatialite provider
and always reading these layers via OGR.

Can anyone see any potential issues here?

Nyall