[Qgis-developer] Future of spatialite provider?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Mar 13 13:25:54 PDT 2017

Hi Josef,

 From http://www.gdal.org/drv_geopackage.html

"The core GeoPackage specification does not currently support
non-spatial tables, but starting with GDAL 2.0, the driver allows
creating and reading such tables via the Aspatial Support
(gdal_aspatial) extension. Note: starting with GDAL 2.2, the driver will
also, by default, list non spatial tables that are not registered
through the gdal_aspatial extension."

So with newer GDAL versions it is possible to create and read
non-spatial tables.

Andreas