[Qgis-developer] Corrections of QgsOgrProvider implementaion of GDAL 2.0

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Mar 20 05:56:15 PDT 2017

On lundi 20 mars 2017 11:19:57 CET Mark Johnson wrote:
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/3697

Mark,

Most of my comments in
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/3697#issuecomment-257366410 and
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/3697#issuecomment-257571410 still hold true and I'd
really like see them taken into account.

What has changed since them is that we only support GDAL >= 2.0 in master now, so that can
simplify things.

Are you willing to rework your PR ? Actually I think it should be completely revisited since
looking at the diff of the current PR, I see no use of OGR_F_GetGeomFieldRef() so it seems
that you select among the various different geometry fields by relying on the
"layer_name(geometry_field_name)" syntax that is implemented in the SQLite driver, but just
as a backward compatible way. But this will not work with other drivers.

But perhaps I didn't understand the PR. There are so many things in it that it is too hard to
review. I think you should target at something that minimizes the number of changes (for
example switching from the OGR_DS_ to GDALDataset API doesn't directly seem related to
supporting layers with multiple geometries, so that should be left aside).

Even

http://www.spatialys.com