[Qgis-developer] Wiki page/area for 'Building QGIS from scratch'

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 16:55:22 PDT 2017

On 27 March 2017 at 09:38, Gordon McLeod <gordon at shieldaig.com> wrote:
> Sorry, I didn't understand.  The instructions seemed very useful and a normal part of any application documentation.

The specific issue here isn't with the instructions themselves, but
with the wiki format. All official QGIS documentation needs to be
written in the .rst format and submitted via PRs to the documentation
repo. That's the process that the hard working documentation team has
developed over time to meet the complex needs of the project.

If you disagree and think that the wiki format is suitable, you need to:

1. Get involved in the team, learn the current process, and why it's
done like it is
2. Build influence with the documentation team by working with them
(yep - QGIS works on karma. Build your karma by contributing and
you'll get influence over the project.)
3. Discuss with the team and work with them to resolve the issues with
a wiki format.

Discussing in this current mailing list thread won't get anywhere. It
won't suddenly change the underlying issues which led the team to make
this decision.

Nyall