[Qgis-developer] QGIS X3D processing

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 05:49:33 PDT 2017

Let me share a project for interactive 3d visualization of qgis content on
the web using the geospatial component of the standardized X3D format. Code
and examples are on GitHub:

https://github.com/andreasplesch/QGIS-X3D-Processing

This effort is similar to QGIS2Threejs but is just starting out and
will use quite a different approach.

On the user list Paolo mentioned plans to use native qt5 3d facilities for
qgis3 as well (see below). Is there a repository or documentation to learn
more about this ? For example, it may be beneficial to use webGL enabled
webkit (perhaps in the processing results viewer).

Any pointer or other feedback is very welcome,

Andreas